Generate Your Genius by Lisa Mantkus
- Keep your cell phone handy in your car to utilize it as a Dictaphone (Voice Memo). Ideas come to us when we aren’t asking for them. You don’t want to lose a brilliant thought! (Note: Make sure you are being safe and legal when you make your recordings, of course!!)
- Make a Vision Board every year. The universe sends pictures. “See it and believe it.” If you don’t know what a Vision Board is, just Google the phrase “vision board” and you will find a myriad places to learn more.
- If there is something that you really want–ask for it! Put it out there – both for your own genius to work on and the genius of others. You have trusted individuals in your life…tap into them.
- Look at the colors outside of your box. We become too comfortable within our box. There are more colors outside than within. Imagine that?!
- Trust your intuition. The “pings and pangs” within your gut is true and genuine.
- Be the true genuine you. If you try to be what and who you think you are supposed to be, it will backfire. Don’t chase your tail.
- Reinvent your wheel. You may do so as often as you like.
- Post its®! Write ideas down as they come to you. The idea is a gift. Accept it.
- Realize that you will never be Barbie. But also know others (clients, students, customers, colleagues, loved ones) are coming to see a genuine you, not Barbie.
- Enjoy what you see in the mirror. Remember it as a reflection; the reality is what is standing in front of it.
© Lisa Mantkus | firstname.lastname@example.org
And to help you generate those ideas for your next project you will want to access the teleseminar Proficient & Productive Use of Mindmapping Open Your Mind! which is available for immediate download and listening.