Bad Meeting Habits by Kimberly Medlock
- Having a meeting without a written agenda.
- Starting late.
- Not being prepared with necessary information.
- Crunching on ice, hard candy, etc.
- Fumbling with noisy “crunchy” snack bags, wrappers, etc.
- Whispering to others while someone is talking.
- Wildly shaking your head when you agree or disagree with what is being covered.
- Closing your eyes, dozing.
- Checking your email, Blackberry, etc. while others are talking.
- Interrupting others when they are talking.
We ALL need to be more considerate and productive at meetings. Schools have NO TIME to waste. The work is too important.
© Kimberly Medlock is a speaker, trainer, author and coach for Productive Matters, helping others discover how to get things done quicker, easier and better with less time, resources and hassle. You can contact her at Kimberly@kimberlymedlock.com, call 662-893-7933, or visit her website at ProductiveMatters.com.
If you attend &/or plan meetings (and I know you do), then you need the Get a Plan! Guide® to Waayy Better Meetings. As a society, we cannot afford to be losing productivity to meetings that are poorly designed, unnecessary, or to whom the wrong people have been invited.