Resources to Support Your Instruction by Gini Cunningham
Great teachers read, explore, research, discuss, try and try again, and never quit learning themselves. Hunger for knowledge adds to your teaching talents and I think that often your hunger is contagious. Students like to know that their teacher loves to learn, try new things, explore possibilities, and improve expertise.
- Visit Meggin.com for readings, resources, power points, and more. Learning from a learner is an awesome experience.
- The Inner Edge: The 10 Practices of Personal Leadership by Joelle Jay – While the book sometimes feels geared for business personnel, it is a great read to motivate leadership. Chapter 4 especially is designed to help you clarify goals, outline instruction plans, and create successful teaching.
- How to Teach So Students Remember by Marilee Sprenger – Quick, easy, clear format and her recommendations work.
- Differentiating Instruction in the Regular Classroom by Diane Heacox. Diane makes adjusting instruction to meet the needs of diverse learners fairly easy. Her explanations and insight are excellent.
- Tools for Teaching by Fred Jones. From the first day of instruction, Fred’s ideas set you up for success.
- Mindset: the New Psychology of Success How We Can Learn to Fulfill our Potential by Carol S. Dweck. Discover whether you are of the growth mindset or the fixed. If you find that you are fixed in the fixed, how can you ever convince your students that they can soar? Carol gives great tips and ideas for developing your growth mindset to your advantage and promoting this in your students.
- Managing Workplace Chaos: Solutions for handling information, paper, time, and stress by Patricia J. Hutchings. With a title like this who could go wrong. Self-inventories and quizzes help get you on a wining track.
- www.NewTeacherResourceCenter.com – Dorit Sasson has a wealth of information on her site.
- Energized Learning – That’s me! Resources and Ideas to guide your teaching career. Updates arrive often.
- The New Teacher’s Companion Practical Wisdom for Succeeding in the Classroom by Gini Cunningham – I love teaching, students, and the thrill of learning and so I wrote a book. I hope every day of your teaching career is as full of adventure, excitement, and value as mine.
© Gini Cunningham (adapted from her book, The New Teacher’s Companion: Practical Wisdom for Succeeding in the Classroom (ASCD). In addition to her writing, Gini is an author, workshop leader, and consultant who provides education for educators.
If you have files, notebooks, papers, boxes, envelopes, albums, and other “stuff” all over your office or home and you are tired of wishing you had a good filing system, you’re in need of the Paper Tiger System to File & Find Your Stuff.
I have used this software for over 13 years and it helps me file and find all kinds of things – paper and beyond. Access this class today to get organized and reduce your stress.